Hauser & Wirth is one of the world’s leading contemporary art galleries with offices in Zurich, Gstaad, London, Somerset, New York and Los Angeles. Hauser & Wirth Los Angeles, located in a historic 100,000 square foot flour mill complex in the city’s burgeoning downtown Arts District, opened to the public in March 2016. The gallery transformed the site’s sprawling collection of late 19th and early 20th century buildings and outdoor spaces into a dynamic multi-disciplinary arts center. The new venue offers innovative exhibitions, museum-caliber amenities, and a robust schedule of public programs that contextualize the art on view, drawing upon, illuminating, and contributing to the urban culture of Los Angeles.
The Facilities Manager will be the single point of contact responsible for facilities management, assisting the local team with the delivery of quality facility management services and special projects. This role will administer repair and maintenance programs, implement safety programs, and ensure compliance with established standards, practices and regulatory requirements. This role will also be responsible for vendor relations and provide oversight of security and janitorial staff.
Main duties include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the condition, care and routine maintenance of all the Gallery’s public and private spaces, ensuring that the facility is in excellent working order
- Regularly interact with and monitor, various contractors, including but not limited to: fire sprinkler and alarm, HVAC, electrical, refuse/waste management, pest control, landscaping, janitorial, security and others as required
- Schedules preventive maintenance of facility and equipment, responding to urgent maintenance calls and performing repairs as necessary
- Maintain facilities maintenance calendar and works closely with subtenants, informing key staff of facilities maintenance schedule designed to safeguard the property and occupants
- Collaborate with the Exhibitions team on exhibition construction
- Serve as primary facilities representative at after hours and weekend events and programs as needed
- Maintain department vendor files, reviewing invoices for accuracy.
- Coordinate and monitor the day-to-day activities of the janitorial and security staff
- Oversee the coordination of building repairs and construction projects, facilitating access for contractors as necessary
- Oversee Gallery parking needs and responsible for negotiation of off-site parking requirements
- Oversee car maintenance and repair
- Establish equipment repair and maintenance procedures and provide instruction as necessary
- Responsible for the implementation of building emergency procedures, Gallery opening and closing plans as well as best-practice safety and security procedures
- Assist with special projects where required
Education, Experience, Skills:
- Minimum A.A. Degree. B.A. or B.S. in Facilities Engineering or related field is preferred.
- Directly related experience of 5 years in Maintenance, Facilities Engineering, or Mechanical / Building Design is required.
- Experience in dealing with matters of plant & office security is recommended.
- Familiarity with EHS (Environmental/Health/Safety) programs and policies and ability to translate these programs into facility needs is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills needed to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Project management skills to coordinate and follow up on projects of significant magnitude.
- Must be able to demonstrate discretion on strictly confidential matters.
- Strong customer service skills and focus
- Ability to multi-task or work independently
- Ability to react and problem solve quickly
- Ability to understand and communicate company policies and procedures
- Proficient in Word and Excel or Google Documents or Spreadsheets
- Prior experience developing budgets and P&L review a plus
- Parking management experience preferred but not required
License Requirement: Must possess a valid state-issued driver’s license
Pease submit your resume and cover letter, including references by email only to: email@example.com